Kimberly-Clark Reports Progress Toward Its 2030 Sustainability Ambitions
"Reflecting on the past year, I am incredibly proud of how
To meet these challenges,
At the same time,
"The past year presented previously unimaginable challenges that put health and safety at the forefront while illuminating social and environmental gaps that still need to be bridged," said
Key highlights of the company's 2020 results include:
- Reached 8.5 million people in vulnerable and underserved communities through programs and initiatives led by
Kimberly-Clarkand its brands, pushing the company beyond its initial 2022 goal to impact 25 million lives.
- Reduced its absolute Scope 1 and Scope 2 GHG emissions (direct and indirect) from operations by 32.1% versus its 2015 baseline. The company is working against climate reduction targets approved last year by the Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi).
- Innovated new products that will increase its use of environmentally preferred fibers such as alternative and recycled fibers, including the launch of the Kleenex® ECO bath tissue range in
Australia, which is the first 100% FSC®-certified bamboo product.
- Decreased the company's water usage in water-stressed regions by 32.5% by creating significant improvements in its supply chain and the surrounding communities.
- Achieved 100% landfill diversion at more than half of
Kimberly-Clark's manufacturing sites around the world, and globally, the company is diverting 96% of its operational waste from landfills to higher-value alternatives.
- Completed 76% of its originally scheduled social compliance audits of customer, supplier and
Kimberly-Clarkworkplaces by using alternative tools to continue monitoring workplace performance and human rights standards while also adhering to applicable COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
"This past year has taught us that we can move quickly to achieve incredibly challenging goals, and that an unwavering focus on health, safety, and sustainability can illuminate ways of working with purpose and urgency," added Morden. "We are committed to turning these learnings into action to ensure we do our part to address the challenges ahead."
In addition, the report provides the company's latest disclosures against the
All statements in this press release that are not historical, including goals for and projections of future results, the expected execution and effect of our sustainability strategies and initiatives and the amounts and timing of their expected impact, constitute forward-looking statements that are based on management's expectations and beliefs concerning future events impacting the company. Many factors outside our control, including competitive pressures, evolving legal and regulatory requirements, and societal and market conditions globally and in the markets in which we do business, could cause actual results to vary.
There can be no assurance that these future events will occur as anticipated. Forward-looking statements speak only as of the date they were made, and we undertake no obligation to publicly update them. Please see
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/kimberly-clark-reports-progress-toward-its-2030-sustainability-ambitions-301323278.html
Terry Balluck, Kimberly-Clark Corporation, email@example.com